Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

abort: HTTP Error 502: Bad Gateway

Wayne Woods September 23, 2018

In trying to push to our Bitbucket repository today (with SourceTree using Mercurial) I consistently get the following error:

hg push --new-branch default
pushing to https://WainPetopia@bitbucket.org/wowmodelviewer/wowmodelviewer
searching for changes

abort: HTTP Error 502: Bad Gateway
Completed with errors, see above.

It had been working as recently as a few days ago so I'm not sure what could have changed. I'm not an IT professional so it's more difficult for me to troubleshoot. Googling the error didn't reveal anything that I thought would work for me. Sometimes the error was linked to the repo server having issues but I don't see any reported for Bitbucket in the last few days.

Thanks for any advice on what I might try :)

4 answers

1 vote
gsusca November 5, 2018

I'm having the same problem, apparently it has not been solved.

yishain11 December 2, 2018

it dosen't work for me as well

0 votes
sellenoff September 25, 2018

It's working again for me. Did anyone see an official post about it being fixed and what the problem was?

0 votes
zaimoni September 23, 2018

Upgrading from TortoiseHg 2.1.3 to TortoiseHg 4.7.1 does not bypass this, unsurprisingly.  The status page is obviously buggy/unmaintained as it hasn't registered the problem yet (2:02PM U.S. Central/GMT-5).

zaimoni September 23, 2018

Looks like fixed now (11:28PM U.S. Central/GMT-5) :)

Yep! Finally :)

0 votes
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2018

Hi @Wayne Woods

Have you check network side? 

Looks like you met with network problem.

Cheers,

Gonchik Tsymzhitov

meticulou September 23, 2018

My friend and I are also getting this error today since a few hours ago.

John Nowak September 23, 2018

Yes, having this issue for me since then as well... no word from Atlassian support so far :/  - not network, have tried two networks from this location and one more from a completely different user.

Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2018

@John Nowak and @meticulou

I have pushed through git from command line push. 

Regarding hg I have not checked yet. 

Could you provide more log info?

Seems to be hg issue then.... pull works fine, but not push

Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 23, 2018

Well, it's time for migrate to git :)

And GitHub then :P

Thomas Gullgården September 23, 2018

I second that.

Pull requests works all right but push with hg results in "abort: HTTP Error 502: Bad Gateway". Same issue on multiple repositories on multiple geographic locations/networks.

Thanks for all the replies! Even if it doesn't solve the issue at least now I know it's not just me :) Hopefully they'll fix it soon.

ecm September 23, 2018

I'm getting the same error, on two separate repos, after sending the HTTPS password.

sellenoff September 23, 2018

I've started having the same issue. Been using TortoiseHG and Bitbucket for years, never had this before. Now hg-push fails no matter what I do.

If this isn't resolved soon, will definitely consider moving to Github, which would be a shame as I've had great success for many years with Bitbucket so far.

Forgot to mention is happening on multiple repos, did not try all of mine.

Ondrej Bartonek September 23, 2018

The same issue here. Multiple repos affected, all worked fine utill today. And ofc I cannot find any official info about it. 

nsnyder September 23, 2018

Same issue here.  Worked fine yesterday.  Tried from multiple geographic locations/networks.

tfields September 23, 2018

Same issue for me too. 

savioret September 23, 2018

Mee too.
I don't understand why the status site does not report/detect this. It says everything is perfectly working.
https://status.bitbucket.org/

It's working again :)  But as people have pointed out, their status check is failing to work properly if it doesn't detect this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events