You can use git to connect to Bitbucket. Shell access is disabled

vadirajks September 21, 2022

Hi Team

is it possible to use same key for 2 different bitbucket account's?

getting this error when i am trying to add keys:
Someone has already added that SSH key.
Please let me how to fix this.
Thanks,

2 answers

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 23, 2022

Hi @vadirajks,

It is not possible to add the same SSH key to two different Bitbucket Cloud accounts.

When a user performs an operation like clone or push via SSH, we use the SSH keys to identify the authenticated user.

If we allowed adding an SSH key to multiple accounts, we wouldn't be able to identify the user and whether they have permission to clone/pull/push to a specific repo.

If you have multiple accounts and if you want to use SSH with both, you will need to generate and use a separate SSH key pair for each account.

Kind regards,
Theodora

0 votes
Prerna Sony
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 21, 2022

Hi, @vadirajks  Welcome to the community! 

You can't use the same key between accounts. You must create new keys for each individual Bitbucket account.

vadirajks September 21, 2022

Hi Prerna Sony,

fyi, looks like i am not able to see your response.

Thanks,

Prerna Sony
Atlassian Team
August 1, 2023

Hi, @vadirajks  Welcome to the community! 

You can't use the same key between accounts. You must create new keys for each individual Bitbucket account.

In case you would like to read more about SSH keys, you can access the following link:

I hope this helps .

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events