Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You appear to have cloned an empty repository - unable to access repository locally

Will Johnson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 21, 2019

I've been trying to clone a repository locally from stash to my local Sourcetree on a MacBook Pro. I've worked with this repository before, but I'm suddenly having issues accessing it.

Cloning the repository shows in sourcetree that there are no files and no history, despite the repository clearly being filled in stash. Trying through Terminal, I get the message "You appear to have cloned an empty repository."

I'm sure there's some simple mistake I'm making, but I haven't been able to pinpoint the error. Does anyone have any ideas?

1 answer

0 votes
bgannin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 29, 2019

Hi @Will Johnson,

Since it reproduces on the command line as well it's not specifically a Sourcetree problem and is more related to Git, configuration, credentials, or access permissions. I recommend checking in with your repository admin or asking in the Bitbucket Server collection to get further help. 

Cheers,

Brian Ganninger
Principal Developer, Sourcetree

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events