Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workspace ID unavailable

Steve Oliver November 5, 2020

I have two bitbucket accounts. in account A I have created a workspace with and ID of 'my-id'. I want to use that ID for a workspace in account B. I have changed the workspace ID in account A to 'new-id'. When I try to change the workspace ID in account B to be 'my-id', I get an error saying the ID is not available.

Is the ID 'my-id' permanently unavailable to account B now because I used it previously  in account A?  

1 answer

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 6, 2020

Hello,

Is the username of account A still 'my-id'? If so, this is the reason why 'my-id' cannot be used as a workspace ID in account B.

In order for someone to be able to use a workspace ID, it should not be in use already by either another workspace or by a username of a different account.

If you log in to account A, then go to your avatar (bottom left corner) > Personal settings, you'll find the option to change the username of account A. When you do, 'my-id' should become available again.

Please feel free to let me know if this works for you and if you need anything further.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events