Windows Runner having problems with certain characters in paths

dkuerten July 18, 2022

I have setup a test project for building a .Net 6 application with a local Windows Runner setup on my machine.

The issue I found is that when the path where the runner is contains special characters (in my case ä/ö/ü) the runner fails to run to completion and reports probelms with -File-Parameter of the following scripts:

• tmp\setupArtifacts{...}.ps1
  • tmp\setupCaches{...}.ps1
  • tmp\powershellScript{...}.ps1
  • tmp\powershellAfterScript{...}.ps1

The current solution is to move the runner to a path that does not contain special characters. In that case the pipeline runs without issues.

Here my yml:

pipelines:
custom:
customPipelineWithRunnerAndCache:
- step:
name: Build and Test
runs-on:
- self.hosted
- windows
script:
- cd TestApp
- dotnet restore
- dotnet build --no-restore --configuration Release

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Patrik S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 19, 2022

Hello @dkuerten ,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community and reporting this issue!

I was able to simulate the same behavior on my end, so I went ahead and raised a bug for this in our public issue tracker. You can check the bug ticket at the following link : 

I would suggest you to add your vote there, since this helps both developers and product managers to understand the impact. Also, make sure you add yourself as a watcher in case you want to receive first-hand updates from that ticket. Please note that all bug fixes are implemented with this policy in mind.

Thank you, @dkuerten .

Kind regards,

Patrik S

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events