Windows Credential Manager and Two Bitbucket accounts

michael_kariv September 3, 2017

How do I have Windows Credential Manager store credentials for two accounts of bitbucket in the same Windows account?

The background:

I have a personal Bitbucket account. I store my personal learning projects there. 

I also have a work Bitbucket account.  I used it on my office computer, where I have separate Windows account.

It all worked well until I needed to peek into something in my personal git repository on the office computer. 

My OS is windows 10. I use git version 2.12.1.windows.1 (that is what git --version returns).  I have set both system and global settings so  that it works with the credentails manager just fine. My global user.name and user.email are set to the work account. To clone my personal repo I used the fully qualified URL with the username:password@bitbutcket.com. I failed to auth. So I forced setting the password. It somehow changed my password (and username) stored in the Credential Manager. I managed to clone my personal repo. Now that I need to pull from the work repos I am no longer authenticated. So I went to the Credential Manager and manually reset username and password for git:https://bitbucket.org generic credentail. That fixed the immediate problem.

So my question is above.  I want to have repos from my both bitbucket accounts using the same Windows account. Is that possible with the Credential Manager?

1 answer

1 vote
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 12, 2017

Hi  Michael, the 'Git Credentials Manager for Windows' only supports a single account and hence constantly prompts you for your credentials as you attempt to access repositories under different accounts. 

Cheers,

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events