Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Bitbucket not showing differences in files and is being unfaithful to the raw commit?

chaikadev July 8, 2018

About 50% of the files I've worked on in an important commit do not display any changes when viewing the commit online. The files are labeled as "modified" but with (+0/-0) lines changed and "File contents unchanged." underneath.

I know it's definitely a problem with bitbucket since everything seems to be in order when viewing the raw commit.

Thankfully the files did get updated when I check the source. I just can't compare any changes made to most files in the commit.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

1 answer

0 votes
Ben Stuart
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 9, 2018

Is this for Bitbucket Cloud or Server? Can you send a full screen shot? You may want to open up a support case with us if you have a valid license so we can gather potentially sensitive data like commit history etc. 

chaikadev July 9, 2018

Hey, thanks for taking the time to help me!

As you can see, some changes were made to files like "objects/objControlleur/Draw_0.gml". You can view the changes made in the raw commit but they won't display in the normal view. The long .txt file probably broke the normal view but I don't get an option to reload or anything.

I'm on Bitbucket Cloud. As for licenses, I'm just using a free account without using any premium options. Am I eligible for a support ticket?

Thank you.

bitbucket 1.pngbitbucket 2.pngbitbucket 3.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events