0 votes
Erik Mathis July 16, 2020

Going on for days now.

$ git pull
error: RPC failed; curl 56 Send failure: Connection was reset
fatal: the remote end hung up unexpectedly

0 votes
tmanthey November 8, 2019

It's unbearable. 40 Kilobytes/second. That's a bit more than my 1998 modem. Cloning the repo will take almost one working day!!

0 votes
Simon Jia November 7, 2019

On some days, it's not bad. Today happens to be not so good, even this community page took a couple seconds of blank screen before showing. The repo page as of right now, still loading after waiting for 10 minutes.

I checked my internet speed and it's fine. JIRA on the other hand runs blazing fast for me.

Janek Bogucki November 8, 2019

Raise a ticket with Atlassian.

They fixed the slowness of my pull request page. See my post above: "Atlassian fixed this for me"

0 votes
Camilo Rojas Díaz October 23, 2019

Most sites that use JavaScript for rendering seem slow, but bitbucket is by far the slowest out of the git providers (gitlab and github). Client-side rendering seems to be the worst trend in web development in the past year, with many websites turned from snappy, to slow, bloated messes full of tracking code and homephoning.

0 votes
Chun Ko May 29, 2019

Agree here, Good to see the new UI, but getting slower that make me move away to use the UI. Then the new UI feature becomes not useful.

Hope the bitbucket team can keep up the good work.

0 votes
basuke May 5, 2019

I also have experienced slowness on Bitbacket. I say Bitbacket web UI is slower than other services especially view transition is terribly slow.

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 5, 2018

Hi Emre, welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I haven't experienced any issues with my Bitbucket account and there are no incidents reported in our Status page, are you still experiencing slowness? If you are, please try a different network and different browser (an incognito window will do, too) and if it still loads slowly for you, send us a HAR file so we can help you diagnose the issue, you can find the instructions at Generating HAR files.

Kind regards,

Ana

effectivebytes April 13, 2019

I can confirm it. Since Years I work with Bitbucket, GitHub and GitLab. Site speed at Bitbucket is always worse than the others.

Like # people like this
id July 2, 2019

I can confirm this, too!

Like Namnn2512 likes this
Janek Bogucki September 24, 2019

I can confirm this. Bitbucket is ultra-slow to load pull requests page, slow to update a PR after "Edit". Too slow.

Like # people like this
Janek Bogucki November 7, 2019

I have a ticket with Atlassian in progress.

I can see from the Chrome Network tab in developer tools the big time hog is the https://bitbucket.org/<company>/<repo>?state=section

This URL takes upwards of 16 seconds to complete. Get that fixed and the slowness of all the other requests might be bearable.

Like Antonius Golly likes this
Janek Bogucki November 7, 2019

Atlassian fixed this for me,

I have looked into the repository "xxx/yyy" and performed a clean up of the refs and stale branches. I see that it significantly improve the performance. So I would request that you please access the pull request page once again and i believe it should load faster now.

It is a lot faster now.

Mahendra.Tilve June 10, 2020

I agree with the folks, the Bitbucket.org is mostly slow for me, accessing the source code file and editing them are always very slow. In fact, I get failed in my demos due to such slowness. 

Rob Coenen June 23, 2021

And still a year later on some weeks, like this one, merging takes loooooong. Syncing and merging a very small pull request takes minutes. And because we are trying more and more small chunks of changes (the better way!!!), this can easily take more than 30 minutes for several pullrequests. 

Like underwob likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events