Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does maven ignore cucumber.options in pipelines?

Pete Boucher July 26, 2017

Hi, I'm looking at using Pipelines to run our automated test suite. In Jenkins I invoke the maven build:

`clean test -Dcucumber.options="--tags @Feature"`

to run only the tests that cover the feature i'm working on at the time. However in Pipelines I try to do the same thing with the following bitbucket-pipelines.yml but the entire test suite gets run (which takes close to 2 hrs)

```

image: maven:3.3.9

pipelines:
default:
- step:
caches:
- maven
script: # Modify the commands below to build your repository.
- bash configure-maven.sh
- mvn clean test -Dcucumber.options="--tags @Feature" -Dselenium.grid=true

```

Do you know why maven isn't getting passed the parameters I supply?

1 answer

0 votes
Philip Hodder
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 28, 2017

Hi Pete,

Which pom.xml file is in the base of your repo? Since your pipelines will be executing in that directory (by default) it may be missing settings that you have defined in other pom.xml files.

Have you also tried running your build locally inside of a Docker container? https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/debug-your-pipelines-locally-with-docker-838273569.html

Thanks,

Phil

Pete Boucher August 28, 2017

HI Phil,

Thanks for the response. I was experimenting with pipelines a while ago and never realy got going with it.

I only have one pom.xml in my project. I did get the test's running in a docker instance however I don't recall the outcome.

When I have time I'll come back to this and send you an update.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events