Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Why does Hook limit exceeded error message appear?

Hello,

Our team is experiencing a problem when trying to connect to a repository service (bitbucket) so we can build our app.
This is the error message we receive from AppCenter:

Linking failed: {"type":"error", "error": {"fields": ["Hook limit exceeded."], "message": "Bad request"}}

Could you please provide some feedback on the possible resolution for this issue and the causes?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @Marija Nekic and welcome to the community.

We have a limit on the number of webhooks that can be created on a repository, the limit is 50 webhooks per repository. If you try to create more than that, you will get the error you reported.

It is possible for support to override this limit if you use an integration that needs more than 50 webhooks. The workspace associated with your Bitbucket Cloud account doesn't have any repos, but I see that you're a member of another workspace as well. The admin of the latter workspace created a support ticket for this issue and we have overridden the limit for that workspace.

Please feel free to let me know if things are ok now. In case this concerns a different workspace, feel free to let me know and I can assist.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Hello @Theodora Boudale , thank you.

We have no problems now, this issue is resolved through the mentioned support ticket.
Error message is no longer present and we can connect to a repository service (bitbucket) and build our app.

Best Regards,

Marija

Like Theodora Boudale likes this

Thank you for the update Marija, that's good to hear. Please feel free to reach out if you ever need anything else!

Like Marija Nekic likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

Git push size limits are coming to Bitbucket Cloud starting April 4th, 2022

Beginning on April 4th, we will be implementing push limits. This means that your push cannot be completed if it is over 3.5 GB. If you do attempt to complete a push that is over 3.5 GB, it will fail...

2,248 views 2 9
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you