Why does Hook limit exceeded error message appear?

Marija Nekic October 19, 2021

Hello,

Our team is experiencing a problem when trying to connect to a repository service (bitbucket) so we can build our app.
This is the error message we receive from AppCenter:

Linking failed: {"type":"error", "error": {"fields": ["Hook limit exceeded."], "message": "Bad request"}}

Could you please provide some feedback on the possible resolution for this issue and the causes?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 20, 2021

Hi @Marija Nekic and welcome to the community.

We have a limit on the number of webhooks that can be created on a repository, the limit is 50 webhooks per repository. If you try to create more than that, you will get the error you reported.

It is possible for support to override this limit if you use an integration that needs more than 50 webhooks. The workspace associated with your Bitbucket Cloud account doesn't have any repos, but I see that you're a member of another workspace as well. The admin of the latter workspace created a support ticket for this issue and we have overridden the limit for that workspace.

Please feel free to let me know if things are ok now. In case this concerns a different workspace, feel free to let me know and I can assist.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Marija Nekic October 20, 2021

Hello @Theodora Boudale , thank you.

We have no problems now, this issue is resolved through the mentioned support ticket.
Error message is no longer present and we can connect to a repository service (bitbucket) and build our app.

Best Regards,

Marija

Like Theodora Boudale likes this
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 20, 2021

Thank you for the update Marija, that's good to hear. Please feel free to reach out if you ever need anything else!

Like Marija Nekic likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events