Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why did font colors on all BitBucket Cloud wikis and issue trackers suddenly become unreadable?

Dan Bonachea June 28, 2024

Sometime in the past few hours (Jun 28, 2024, between 4:00 and 7:30 PT) the rendering of apparently all wiki body text content and issue tacker content on BitBucket Cloud changed from a sane "black text on white background" color scheme, to a ridiculous "light grey on white background" color scheme.

I'm really hoping this is some kind of accidental defect, because the new color scheme is almost completely unreadable. Example from our repo:

bb-cloud-wiki.png

Here is a second random example

bb-cloud-wiki2.png

I've checked numerous other BB cloud repos not affiliated with my workspace and they all show the same defective color scheme.

How can we get this fixed ASAP?

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dan Bonachea June 30, 2024

Atlassian support has just acknowledged this problem and entered a public ticket in their bug system.

Bitbucket users experiencing this problem should go vote on ticket BCLOUD-23301:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BCLOUD-23301 

Watch this bug ticket for future updates and click This Affects My Team to improve its visibility with regard to affected users.

2 votes
tc8989
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 30, 2024

To BitBucket management team:

you should put reliability as top priority not other fancy stuff.

2 votes
PHHargrove
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 29, 2024

See here for W3C recommendations regarding minimum contrast ratio of text.
Currently Atlassian is falling far short of those guidelines.

1 vote
furrykef
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 30, 2024

Please fix this soon. I use Bitbucket wikis nearly every day. They're by far the biggest reason I use Bitbucket as opposed to competing sites. Code snippets on wikis are especially unbearable because they use light gray on dark gray.

For those of you who want a short-term workaround, you can use your browser's inspect feature to turn off the text color under body.adg3. But you have to do it again every time you visit a page unless you want to use a browser add-on that can do it automatically.

1 vote
RoseSilverSoftware June 29, 2024

I'm seeing the same thing, and it seems to be very recent, as in since yesterday afternoon. All text is now in a very light gray color and is nearly unreadable. Hoping this will be addressed quickly.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events