Why did double reference to an issue end up with two comments in the issue?

Deleted user June 24, 2016

I have an issue in my repository (for example, #7).

Recently I pushed a commit into the repository. The commit had message like this:

When I was planning to fix ticket #7, I realized  ...

... for AVX and legacy SSE ISA extensions.

See #7

As you can see I made double reference to the issue #7 from the same commit message. After I had pushed this commit to Bitbucket, I found two almost the same comments in the issue #7 topic. "Almost" because the first one had "changed status to resolved" text on the top. This was caused by "... to fix ticket #7 ..." text in my commit message (I wrote that rashly; but that doesn't matter here). As for the rest – the issue messages are the same! They have the same text and both refer to source commit.

Is it a bug?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user June 28, 2016

Here is the response of the Bitbucket cloud support:

The only way to avoid such situation is to not use two command keywords in one go.

Nonetheless, Atlassian support team's member created a bug ticket in Bitbucket's Public Issue Tracker repo: https://bitbucket.org/site/master/issues/12932/when-one-commit-has-more-than-one-command

Now I'll be waiting for response there.

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2016

Good luck!

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 27, 2016

Yeah, I'd call it a bug that two comments were created. Best to report it at jira.atlassian.com.

Deleted user June 27, 2016
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 27, 2016

Support requests aren't public, so if a public bug report gets created as a response to that support ticket, you should post it here so other users can vote it up.

Deleted user June 27, 2016

Okay, I got it, Seth!

But currently there's no response to my support request.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events