Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I see forks my team have done under my private repository?

olimits7 June 1, 2017

I setup my team / project and then added members, my developers then forked my private repo but I can't see that my main repo was forked.

I only see my forked repo showing in the "Overview" page.

Why can't I see my developers forks of my private repository?

Also, what is the difference between "Allow only private forks" vs "Allow forks"?  If I set the project to the "Allow forks" setting would I then be able to see my developers forks?

Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 2, 2017

Hi Bernardo, do you have forks notifications enabled (see screenshot)? Screen Shot 2017-06-02 at 11.58.39.png If so, you'll receive an email everytime someone forks one of your repos, it will look like:

Username has forked the repository account_name/repo_name as:
account_name/new_repo_name

In response to your second question, "Allow only private forks" means that when someone forks your repository, they'll be forced to make it private, which means that only people with granted access will be able to see it. "Allow forks" means that whoever forks the repository can choose to make it public or private. Those settings will not change affect if you can or can't see the fork, that will depend on wheter they grant you permissions. When they fork a repo, they can select the option "Inherit repository user/group permissions" or add users manually from the settings page. 

Hope this clarifies your questions, Bernardo!

Cheers,

Ana

olimits7 June 2, 2017

Hi Ana,

Thank you for your reply!

However, please see image below; I'm referring to this "Overview" page.  The 1 fork you currently see in the image is my forked copy, but my developer also forked this repo but I can't see his listed; it's still showing 1 instead of 2.

In Github, I can easily manage/see all my team's forked repos; why can't I see this in BitBucket?

bitbucket-v2.jpg

Thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events