Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are my credentials invalid if SourceTree says "Authentication OK"?

djwendel February 28, 2022

I just changed my password on id.atlassian.com and I also created and app password for git (for use on my remote servers). That part works fine. Now I'm trying to get SourceTree to work again on my local computer. My account was originally set up to use OAuth. I click "refresh OAuth token" and it says "Authentication OK" with a little green checkbox. But when I try to pull any of my repos, it says my credentials are invalid. I've also tried to switching to Basic authentication and using the app password I just created for git access, and I get the same "Authentication OK" status in the settings, but when I try to pull I get the same "invalid credentials" error. Can anyone help me out with this?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
djwendel February 28, 2022

Answered my own question in case anyone else runs into this when abandoning the old login system on the last possible day like me. I had my remote paths set to [username]@bitbucket... when I was using the old-style account password authentication. I had to remove my username from the URL and then everything worked fine with my OAuth authentication, using my BitBucket account as the Remote Account in the repo settings.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events