Why are merges grayed out?

Deleted user December 6, 2013

Why are the merges in this list of commits suddenly grayed out? Disturbing that something like this would happen with absolutely no explanation whatsoever: https://bitbucket.org/g5dev/skyline/commits/all

5 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
jyo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 6, 2013

We are going to do a writeup on this feature shortly, but basically we are trying to de-emphasize the merge commits so you can pay attention to the ones that matter. You can still click on the merge commits to see their contents.

Lachlan Gemmell December 8, 2013

We use HgFlow and as a result the merges are the "ones that matter" most to us.. I'd prefer to have them emphasised rather than de-emphasised.

Glen Rutherford August 4, 2016

Did a write up on this ever get done, I haven't been able to find one. This is a weird feature that I would like to turn off.

2 votes
Deleted user December 6, 2013

Sounds good, but some kind of heads up before rolling out a change like that would be helpful.

1 vote
juliankauai July 18, 2018

since everyone wants to highlight it and graying it out is kind of weird since graying out usually means something is not available, why not have an option in the prefs called 'Highlight merge' and let users choose to bold, gray out, or color a merge? have the default be no change.

Pankaj Sharma August 2, 2018

I also thought that something (my code changes) is not available now, but this is not the case, merge commits are gray 

1 vote
RenugaV August 7, 2017

We do have 2 different situations. For Feature branch, Merge commit is not a matter as we are just merging/rebase the updates from master into feature branch.But For master branch, it would be better if we have merge commits highlighted, as the team is merging the pullRequst to master and everyone is looking the master branch to check what are the pullRequest merged in, rather than what the commits are. So it would be great,If we have the ability to turn on/off this feature based on type of branch. Thanks !

0 votes
jyo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 9, 2013

Lachlan,

We recommend putting your input to https://bitbucket.org/site/master/ ... we may include changes, or at least an option to turn this off.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events