Why are merges grayed out?

Why are the merges in this list of commits suddenly grayed out? Disturbing that something like this would happen with absolutely no explanation whatsoever: https://bitbucket.org/g5dev/skyline/commits/all

4 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Jesse Yowell Atlassian Team Dec 06, 2013

We are going to do a writeup on this feature shortly, but basically we are trying to de-emphasize the merge commits so you can pay attention to the ones that matter. You can still click on the merge commits to see their contents.

We use HgFlow and as a result the merges are the "ones that matter" most to us.. I'd prefer to have them emphasised rather than de-emphasised.

Did a write up on this ever get done, I haven't been able to find one. This is a weird feature that I would like to turn off.

Sounds good, but some kind of heads up before rolling out a change like that would be helpful.

We do have 2 different situations. For Feature branch, Merge commit is not a matter as we are just merging/rebase the updates from master into feature branch.But For master branch, it would be better if we have merge commits highlighted, as the team is merging the pullRequst to master and everyone is looking the master branch to check what are the pullRequest merged in, rather than what the commits are. So it would be great,If we have the ability to turn on/off this feature based on type of branch. Thanks !

0 vote
Jesse Yowell Atlassian Team Dec 09, 2013

Lachlan,

We recommend putting your input to https://bitbucket.org/site/master/ ... we may include changes, or at least an option to turn this off.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Piotr Plewa
Published Dec 27, 2017 in Bitbucket

Recipe: Deploying AWS Lambda functions with Bitbucket Pipelines

Bitbucket Pipelines helps me manage and automate a number of serverless deployments to AWS Lambda and this is how I do it. I'm building Node.js Lambda functions using node-lambda&nbsp...

708 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot