Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why I'm getting access deny 401 message?

Lawrence May 1, 2020

I'm using my browser to access a depository, but get back 401 access deny page. Can you tell me if this an issue on the browser?  A screenshot is attached and some of private data is edited.

Thank you,

Lawrencescreenshot.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 1, 2020

Hi Lawrence!

I can see from the screenshot you're using Bitbucket Server. It's not clear from the screenshot if you're currently signed in (that would be at the top right of the window - you'll see Log In if you're not, but a circular avatar if you are).

It's likely you're seeing this error either because:

1. You're not logged in - in this case, try again after clicking the Log In button in the top right
  2. You are logged in but you don't have permission to view the repository - if that's the case, you'll need to reach out to your Bitbucket Server admin (usually somebody in IT or a development/engineering manager) in your company or someone with admin rights on that specific repository.

The good news is that this looks like a permission thing and should be pretty quick to get resolved!

Cheers,
Daniel

Lawrence May 1, 2020

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your reply. By hovering the mouse over the circular avatar, a message pops up under the avatvar says "Logged in as Lawrence (my_user_id)". So, I presume that takes out the first scenario. 

As of the second scenario, I'll contact the repository owner to gain access.

Thank you for your time in replying to my question.

Regards,

Lawrence

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events