Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why BitBucket Cloud is showing a different size than my local repo?

MCSAEP March 28, 2022

Hi,

I need help to run the git gc on our 3 remote repos stored in my bitbucket cloud because I already did all the steps to reduce locally the size but it has not synced in the cloud. I need a cleanup on a repos and any help is welcome, thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 29, 2022

Hi, @MCSAEPwelcome to the community! 

I ran the GC against your repositories and managed to reduce their sizes. 

I also would like to share with you that we have a feature request to allow users to mark repositories for git GC, as you can check here:

Please consider adding yourself as a watcher to receive the updates as we make progress with this. If you are not familiar with our Feature Request Policy, you can read more about it here.

Feel free to share any additional questions or concerns regarding this case.

Kind regards,
Caroline

MCSAEP March 29, 2022

Great! Thank you so much!!! All fixed now!

MCSAEP December 15, 2022

Hi,

I need help again ASAP to run the git gc on our 3 remote repos stored in my bitbucket cloud because I already did all the steps to reduce locally the size but it has not synced in the cloud. I need a cleanup on a repos and any help is welcome. I already create a new question for the issue, thanks.

0 votes
brianjaod September 19, 2022

Can you please run gc on my private repos too? I've already done the history rewrite commands, but the size on your end is still showing really high.

Thanks,

Brian

Edited

Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 20, 2022

Hi @brianjaod

I would like to ask if you could please create a new question for your issue, providing details on the errors you see and also whether it concerns a Bitbucket Cloud or Bitbucket Server repo. 

We generally encourage users to create a new question for their issue instead of posting on someone else's question, because 1) the root cause and resolution may be different for each case 2) a question can become cluttered and difficult to follow if we try to troubleshoot multiple users' issues in it.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions. 

Kind regards,
Caroline 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events