Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whitelisting IPv4 address doesn't work

yongchenot
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 30, 2018

We are trying to give repo access to couple of remote developers and limit the connection only from their addresses. When we added their IPv4 addresses (e.g. 62.34.22.11) to whitelist, they still couldn't connect. Only after we added their IPv6 addresses (e.g. 2600:8802:3600:3940:b4ef:4bb3:3f2e:b810) to whitelist, they are able to connect now.

The problem is though, their IPv6 addresses change everyday. So we have been updating the whitelist every morning to allow their connection, which is a big hassle. 

Is there anyway to make IPv4 whitelist work? Their IPv4 addresses stay the same all the time.

Thanks,

Yong

1 answer

0 votes
Christian Glockner
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 31, 2018

Hi Yong,

If you need to whitelist their IPv6 address for this to work, it means that their request comes in via IPv6 - in that case their IPv4 address is completely irrelevant. You'd have to change the settings on the client side so that outgoing requests go via IPv4 instead, then you can whitelist IPv4 addresses.

Cheers,

Christian

Premier Support Engineer

Atlassian

yongchenot
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 31, 2018

They were simply using a browser to hit the repo at https://bitbucket.org/onfs/ourreponame/commits/ and got "You are currently blocked from this page, please ask your admin to whitelist your ip" message. 

They tried both Firefox and Chrome browser and got the same error message. Should they somehow adjust their browser settings to use IPv4? Or is it an OS level setting? 

Thanks,

Yong

Like Mykhailo Vlasov likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events