Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where's my data stored now?

Mik Clarke November 17, 2021

So BitBucket clould has just moved onto a AWS platform.

Under the old scheme my data used to be stored in data centers in Virginia and California.

Where is it stored under this new scheme?  Has it left the US?  Has it been imported into some 3rd country?  Is there any way we can influence where it is stored and where builds occur?

Mik

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 24, 2021

Hi, @Mik Clarke

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

Currently, repository data is all stored in the US regardless of the sign-up region. Our primary data storage region is us-east with our DR being in us-west. 

We do have a feature request to allow users to select which region they wish to store their Bitbucket data:

In case you would like to have this feature implemented, I would suggest that you add your vote there (by selecting the Vote for this issue link) as the number of votes helps the development team and product managers better understand the demand for new features. 

You are more than welcome to leave any feedback, and you can also add yourself as a watcher (by selecting the Start watching this issue link) if you'd like to get notified via email on updates.

Implementation of new features is done as per our policy here and any updates will be posted in the feature request. 

I hope this helps, but do let me know if you have any questions. 

Kind regards,
Caroline

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events