Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I find my repository push url

Glenn Reed June 7, 2018

I have a newly created empty repository on bitbucket that I wish to push changes too.  I have my local copy of files I wish to commit and I have already run "git init" and "git commit...".  However I need to set up the bitbucket remote but the push url no longer shows on my repository page.  Please, where do I find it?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2018

HI @Glenn Reed,

Welcome to the community!

If you have been initialized and commit the code then now you need to push into the remote repo

Check whether you are in master or another branch using the below command

> git branch

if you are master or any other branch then to push the code to bitbucket remote repo use the below command.

> git push origin <branch_name>

Origin: nothing but the original remote branch.

Here you can find documentation about this.

Glenn Reed June 7, 2018

Yes, but where do I find the url to use when running "git remote add origin <username>@<url>".  This is where I am stuck

Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2018

Glenn,

Redirect to the repo and click on the left side panel clone there you will find the repo URL just copy it and paste.

The URL will be same but before that, you need to add the git push <URL> or git clone. 

Glenn Reed June 10, 2018

That was it thanks

Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 10, 2018

HI @Glenn Reed

If you feel this answer has been helped you to solve your issue then please don't hesitate to accept this answer.

It will help others those who will face the same issue in future.

Glenn Reed June 10, 2018

I would if I could but I'm responding on mobile

stevepocock
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 19, 2018

This UI is very obscure!  I just wasted 15 mins trying to find that URL after creating an empty repo. The large (+) sign in the left hand bar does not suggest a menu that can be expanded (it suggests a CREATE NEW ... function)

Why don't you show the Push URL on the Overview page like you used to?

Your documentation for pushing code to an empty repository still shows the Push URL on the Overview Page rather than explaining that it is hidden in a clone menu option https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/push-versioned-code-to-an-empty-repository-877177145.html 

Like Andrea Adiamini likes this
Andrea Adiamini
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 22, 2022

Thank you, you saved my day !

I agree with you, this is something confusing !

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events