When will bitbucket support finer granularity on required merge checks

Zeno June 16, 2021

this is about the enforced merge checks feature that requires bitbucket premium.

Currently the available controls for required merge checks are myopic, sitting at : 

- x number of merge checks required before PR is allowed to be merged.

- x number of reviewers to provide approval before PR is allowed to be merged.

Now, over at github:

- can choose excatly which merge checks are required, where a merge check is either a remotely registered webhook or a github action.

- can configure a `OWNERS` file which contains globs and usernames, when PR changeset contains files matching the globs, the related usernames for that glob are added as required reviewers

I feel that bitbucket (premium) enforced merge checks are rather pointless in their current form.

When will bitbucket reach feature parity with github on this aspect?

1 answer

0 votes
Ulrich Kuhnhardt _IzymesCo_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 16, 2021

Great question, although I would have put 3 exclamation marks (!!!) in the title.

Here is the ticket that tracks a request to allow BBC apps to implement custom merge-checks https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BCLOUD-19885

Please vote and watch for updates.

I understand that this is not the actual solution you're looking for, but it will bring BBC a step closer by enabling apps to implement configurable custom merge-checks.

Zeno November 25, 2021

sorry mate, too little too late.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events