Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

When will Bitbucket support to VS2022?

Melih I'm New Here Dec 23, 2021

Bitbucket doesn't work on Visual Studio 2022 yet. We have projects that we are working on Visual Studio 2022. If Bitbucket doesn't support VS2022 we will need to migrate projects to VS2019.

3 answers

The extension for VS up to 2019 is on github:  https://github.com/MistyKuu/bitbucket-for-visual-studio  Six months ago the readme.md was updated to say that the extension is no longer maintained.  It would be wonderful if Atlassian would take over support for this important extension.  For now, I'm migrating my projects to github.  It's less painful than using SourceTree.

0 votes
Melih I'm New Here Dec 23, 2021

To use Bitbucket in VS2022, I downloaded the extension from the address below, but could not install it:

https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=MistyK.VisualStudioBitbucketExtension&ssr=false#overview

0 votes

It's the other way around really - when will VS2022 support Bitbucket?  Bitbucket is a service and VS a client.  It's up to the client to support the usage of the service.

Clients usually support the use of services they're not explicitly built for via some form of app, module or plugin.  So the question is now which app you are using for it?

Ok, so that is an app for Visual Studio, as I thought.

We here in the Atlassian Community probably can't tell you anything about that (unless the original authors are here).  It's not an Atlassian application and it's not on the Atlassian Marketplace, so you're asking the wrong people, you'll need to get in touch with the authors.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

📣 Calling Bitbucket Data Center customers to participate in research

Hi everyone, Are you Bitbucket DC customer? If so, we'd love to talk to you! Our team wants to dive deep to understand your long-term plans regarding Bitbucket DC and Atlassian Cloud. Do you plan...

79 views 2 3
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you