Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When using Kubectl pipeline for a digitial ocean k8 cluster i am getting a doctl not found error

Dryden Linden-Bremner January 25, 2023

We are currently in the process of converting our eco system from being run on droplets to a DO hosted kubernetes cluster when doing so we have run into a strange error where despite us installing doctl prior to running it the kubectl pipeline cannot identify doctl

The following error is showing up in our pipeline 

Screenshot from 2023-01-25 13-33-25.png

The following code is being used to push the image onto out kubernetes cluster on digital ocean it fails on the pipe step

- basedir=$(pwd)
- "echo $basedir"
- cd ~
- wget https://github.com/digitalocean/doctl/releases/download/v1.92.0/doctl-1.92.0-linux-amd64.tar.gz
- tar xf ~/doctl-1.92.0-linux-amd64.tar.gz
- mv ~/doctl /usr/local/bin
- "cd $basedir"
- doctl auth init -t $DOCTLTOKEN
- doctl kubernetes cluster kubeconfig save $DOCTL_CLUSTER
- pipe: atlassian/kubectl-run:3.4.0
variables:
KUBE_CONFIG: $KUBE_CONFIG
KUBECTL_COMMAND: 'apply'
RESOURCE_PATH: 'freelancer-deployment-bb.yaml'

Im wondering if anyone knows how to fix this error or how to better format this pipe to avoid it

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Igor Stoyanov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 27, 2023

@Dryden Linden-Bremner hi. Currently DigitalOcean is not supported by default because it depends on plugin that not presented in the pipe.

We will investigate how to expand the pipe logic with custom plugins and notify you when this feature becomes available.

Regards, Igor

Dryden Linden-Bremner January 27, 2023

thanks igor

0 votes
Igor Stoyanov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 23, 2023

@Dryden Linden-Bremner hi. Sorry for the late response. We released a new version of the pipe 3.5.0 that allows to use pre-execution scripts to install all needed plugins:

script:
  - echo 'script logic' > .my-script.sh
  - chmod 005 my-script.sh
  - pipe: atlassian/kubectl-run:3.5.0
    variables:
      KUBE_CONFIG: $KUBE_CONFIG
      KUBECTL_COMMAND: 'apply'
      RESOURCE_PATH: 'nginx.yml'
      PRE_EXECUTION_SCRIPT: '.my-script.sh'

Regards, Igor

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE