Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I use Gitflow and there is a conflict, the branch is not deleted

ThePokyWizard December 2, 2022

I use BitBucket Cloud with GitKraken as GUI to manage my repositories.

To work, my team and I use the Gitflow method.

How our workflow for creating a new branch and terminating it works:

1. We started a new Branch (Feature/Hotfix). For the Feature type, we rely on Current Branch (master) instead of "Lastest develop".

2. When we're done working, we click finish branch feature/name-branch. And we leave the "Delete branch" option checked instead of "Rebase on develop".

3. If a conflict occurs, it will stay on the develop branch until we fix the conflicts. That done, we start a Release, based on "Latest develop" instead of "Current branch" and finalize the Release branch.

It happens that when there are these conflicts, the branch sent to bitbucket is not deleted. And in our GitKraken, they are not "merged" in the repository timeline, but actually in the master.

Am I doing something wrong working with conflicts?

In the image below, you can see that the feature-2 branch was terminated and was not merged into the master line. Even the code created in it being in the master.

Captura de Tela 2022-12-02 às 13.55.01.png

1 answer

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 7, 2022

Hi @ThePokyWizard,

If you perform all these operations in GitKraken, I would suggest reaching out to the support team of GitKraken via https://help.gitkraken.com/gitkraken-client/contact-support/ or join their Slack channel https://slack.gitkraken.com/ to ask for help.

This application is not built by Atlassian and I don't know what commands are executed in the background, if there are any logs that can help you figure out what is happening, or if this is perhaps a bug.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events