When I create a git repository in Stash, does it make that repository a bare repository by default?

Maggie Stearns July 22, 2015

I'm using Stash 3.11.0

When I create a repository with the "Create Repository" button, it appears to create a bare repository. This is what I want. Is this configurable in Stash?

When I create a clone (and don't specify --bare), that clone is not bare.  Is that correct behavior? I just want to make sure that this still means my original repository in Stash is bare.

I don't know how to check that my repository in Stash is bare (other than the clone command includes <reponame>.git).

-Thanks

Maggie

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Mike Friedrich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2015

Yes, always. All repositories on the server are bare.

If your cloned repository is bare or not depends on your git client. You do not need to worry about the server repositories, you do not have direct access (you should not) - thats managed by Stash and it does the right thing there so the repos are usable by many users (shared).

Thanks Mike!

0 votes
gustavo_refosco
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2015

Hi Maggie,

In addition to Mike's comment, in case you want to confirm this, you can check the physical location of the repository in the Stash server by going to the repository Settings > Repository details and check the Location on disk.

You can then navigate to this location and run git rev-parse --is-bare-repository

Regards,

Gustavo Refosco

Thank you. I have verified that. Now that I know my problem is not related to bare, I can investigate the workaround in this issue that I'm having: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-15012

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events