Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What updates the "builds" widget on the repository dashboard?

Jimmy.Diep May 11, 2023

On the right side of the repository page, there is a widget that shows builds status.

Screenshot 2023-05-11 at 11.07.46 AM.png

This will show status of builds that are triggered in Jenkins.  The build jobs can have different status (pending, building, failed, success, etc) depending on the progress.  I have multiple Webhooks that will send updates to the repos but for some repositories, the same Webhooks may or may not update the status of the builds.

I am trying to find out what exactly updates this widget as Webhooks notifications doesn't seem to be the one that updates this widget.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
seanaty
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 11, 2023

Hi @Jimmy.Diep

It's not a webhook but a build status (AKA commit status) API.

https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/bitbucket/rest/api-group-commit-statuses/#api-repositories-workspace-repo-slug-commit-commit-statuses-build-post

Bitbucket's own CI/CD tool, Pipelines, also uses this API to create these statuses.

I'm not familiar at all with how Jenkins works and identifies when it needs to run (likely a webhook) but creation of these statuses has to be done via the API posted above.

Jimmy.Diep May 11, 2023

Thanks @seanaty ,

I was reading about that earlier.  I had enabled history collection on multiple Webhooks but didn't see anything that would match the build status api.

Screenshot 2023-05-11 at 1.09.10 PM.png

If it's build status api, can I see logs for that anywhere?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events