Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do with "server unreachable" only on specific files?

Ewa Śliwińska January 29, 2018

I have pull request with 9 files - 7 of them I can browse normally, for 2 (class and it's test) I get "Server unreachable" error.

3 answers

2 votes
Merijn Broeren November 19, 2019

This question comes up when you google for this problem, so I thought it would be nice to add a possible solution. This was caused for us by an overeager ad-blocker, that only blocked files in an `analytics` directory. For these files we got the 'server unreachable' error, not for any others in the same repository. White-listing the bitbucket instance solved it for us. 

0 votes
Jason Seegmiller April 19, 2022

I came across this problem and it was due to the browser plugin: uBlockOrigin. If you have this, disable for your domain and you should be good.

0 votes
Christian Glockner
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 29, 2018

Hi Ewa,

This error usually means that something went wrong on the server side. Your best course of action would be to perform the action again and then to immediately check the <BitbucketHome>/log/atlassian-bitbucket.log file to see what underlying error occurs.

Cheers,

Christian

Premier Support Engineer

Atlassian

Ewa Śliwińska January 29, 2018

Could you please define <BitbucketHome>? Maybe I assumed bad because I have a 404 there. May be the case that I don't have permissions.

Christian Glockner
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 29, 2018

Hi Ewa,

<BitbucketHome> (and the entire location I quoted above) refers to the location of the Bitbucket home directory on the filesystem of the machine where Bitbucket Server is installed.

Cheers,

Christian
Premier Support Engineer

Atlassian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events