What steps does BitBucket take to protect my source code?

I am curious about security when using BitBucket...

Is there any form of password I assign which obfuscates my source code so that no-one on BitBucket could see my source code?

I never hosted my source code before and wanted to at least ask...

Thanks.

1 answer

We do not obfuscate your sourcecode, obvious reasons that I can think of why we don't do this is the performance overhead and the consequences when your password changes. When you mark your repository as private, nobody else will be able to access the repo except you. You can find security statement for hosted Atlassian products (such as BitBucket) here: Hosted Services – Security Statement

Thats not very true though, if SSH is used to connect to remote repositories. a leak of the private key means that the repo is vulnerable to external access.
Could you think of a solution to this problem?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Piotr Plewa
Published Dec 27, 2017 in Bitbucket

Recipe: Deploying AWS Lambda functions with Bitbucket Pipelines

Bitbucket Pipelines helps me manage and automate a number of serverless deployments to AWS Lambda and this is how I do it. I'm building Node.js Lambda functions using node-lambda&nbsp...

682 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot