Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the difference between repo and project in Bitbucket

kaizoku-kuma
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 28, 2022

Hello,

just  a very simple question :

What is the betweend repo and projet in Bitbucket ?

In Github, if I'm not wrong a Repo can contain multiple projects but the other way is not possible

So in Bitbucket, is it the same or is it inverted ?

Thank you in advance,

Gauthier

1 answer

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 28, 2022

Projects in Bitbucket is a way to organize your repositories and apply the same configuration to those repositories, like access, branching strategy, default reviewers etc, instead of having to do that for each repository.

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 28, 2022

And I forgot to add, welcome to Atlassian Community @kaizoku-kuma !

Like Leonid Tepliakov likes this
kaizoku-kuma
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 30, 2022

Hi thank you for the answer ! I understand now how it is thank you again !

Like Mikael Sandberg likes this
Chris S
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 20, 2023

I think there is a small error in the original answer from @Mikael Sandberg. I think the list of configuratino should say instead:

"Projects in Bitbucket is a way to organize your repositories and apply the same configuration to those repositories, like access keys, branching strategy, default reviewers etc, instead of having to do that for each repository."

An Access Key is very different than Access, or Permission to access a repo. We recently had confusion in a meeting that this slight difference caused. I may be wrong though, so feel free to let me know if I missed something.

Like # people like this
Zoey Wang June 25, 2023

Thanks Chris

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events