Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's bitbucket.io's IP address for page hosting on custom url?

Steef N July 30, 2018

Hi, I have published a static website through bitbucket cloud that I now want to access through a custom domain name. I am following the steps as outlined here for Github Pages, assuming that it will work the same for Bitbucket's service (but then from a free private repository). But now I am stuck in the last step of DNS config.

What I am unable to figure out is which which IP address(es) to assign to the A records? There's a bunch outlined here, but it's not specific enough as it provides a whole list of IP addresses. The site is hosted on username.bitbucket.io. Please let me know how I can access it through a custom url.

2 answers

0 votes
Evrest June 10, 2023

And, for Gitlab, you need e debit or vredit card. Noo. I prefer GitLab than GitHub, but... No.

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 3, 2018

Hi Steven, welcome to the Community :) 

Websites hosted on Bitbucket Cloud requires you to combine your account's name with the bitbucket.io domain suffix, so you won't be able to give it a custom name. This information can be found at Publishing a website on Bitbucket Cloud.

Let us know if you have any questions!

Best regards,

Ana

Zsolt R. Bíró October 22, 2018

this is the only reason why i'm still using GitHub.

Like # people like this
gabrielnaves April 10, 2019

Also the only reason I'll use GitHub Pages instead of Bitbucket

austinjp May 13, 2019

Is there likely to be any change on this? I would also very much like to use Bitbucket for custom domain names instead of GitHub.

krolaw May 31, 2019

Same situation, want to use BitBucket, but using GitHub instead.

Sébastien_Matharel March 9, 2020

Same situation for me.

Is it possible to know if it's gonna change one day ?

Brandon M Jackson October 21, 2020

Is this still the case? Was looking to switch over to bitbucket cloud with your recent announcement.

PHƯỚC TRUNG HỒ April 22, 2023

Are you really not going to solve this problem?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events