Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the recommended RAM for Bitbucket?

Oriol Cantarell Sala June 19, 2020

Hi community,

What it is the recommended RAM for bitbucket server on a Windows? 6 GB? It's for two people maximum.

Is there a way to limit to 6 GB? With a virtual machine?

I have 24 GB RAM but I need to deploy a web application to Tomcat that not needs lots of memory but I would appreciate to limit the Atlassian RAM memory.

Lot of thanxs.

Oriol

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 19, 2020
Oriol Cantarell Sala June 19, 2020

Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-

Thanx for giving this link to the appropiated official webpage where find what are the bitbucket server requirements.

Like I'm only 1 person I think it going to be okay.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 19, 2020

I am going to be very blunt about this.

Your response sounds sarcastic and dismissive to me.  I unreservedly apologise if I am wrong in my reading of that

But "appropriated" and "like I'm only 1 person think it going to be okay" strongly suggest that you don't think the docs given by the people who wrote the software give you a useful answer.  At the very least, you need to explain why you think they might be wrong. 

Better would be for you to explain where following the recommendations is failing.

Oriol Cantarell Sala June 20, 2020

No @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- what I would say is that thanx to give me a site to where find my solution. And that I'm 1 person on my team so It could not need lot of hw.

"Appropiated" I would say "apropiado" which is good for me.

Sorry if It not understable

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 20, 2020

Ah, ok, I did read the wrong tone from your response.

I am sorry.  I got it wrong.

I am glad the doc helped you.

Like Oriol Cantarell Sala likes this

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- no problem.

Is there any problem with me? When I do a question about Jira I get in in moderate state. Can I attach logs in questions?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 20, 2020

I would guess that an anti-spam robot made a mistake.  We get a lot of attempted spam here, thousands of attempted posts every hour.  There are some automations that prevent most of them, but the community also has some robots that take a look at what gets through, and they do mis-identify some posts as spam.  One pattern they look for is sudden bursts of posting from a new user, especially if the content is very similar.

Logs attached in posts also is a flag for them, posts that have code or code-like text such as logs in them look like an attack and are hence more likely to be flagged for moderation.

I've removed your question from the spam bucket and had a swipe at answering it.  Because I've said "not spam", the robots are less likely to flag comments (with logs in) as dubious, so hopefully you should be able to post them on it fine.

Oriol Cantarell Sala June 21, 2020

Perfect @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- !

Nice response!

No problem and all understood.

😊

0 votes

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- I need your help in other question about Jira. I tried to ask but some person puts to in moderate not understanding why .

Feeling so nervous 

Sorry to all community.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events