Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the project key for my project in BitBucket?

Tom Xue November 3, 2022

My project is on BitBucket. And due to some reason I need to find its project key.

As you can see from below picture, my project name is AIScreenshotAddin and its git repo link is like https://abc.com/lvp/aiscreenshotaddin.git. So is the abbreviation "lvp" is the project key?

clone-project2.png

But lvp means "Lenovo Voice Project", as shown above. It is a project group, which contains dozens of projects, like below. 

For each of the project, I checked their clone repo links. Everyone is like this kind: 

https://abc.com/lvp/projectxxx.git

So project key represents a group of project?

I'm totally confused.

lvp.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Erez Maadani
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 3, 2022

You are mixing between BitBucket project and your code project.

Your `AIScreenshotAddin` is your code project which is your git repository in BitBucket.

Your `Lenovo Voice Project` is a group of your code projects so in BitBucket it's a project which is a group of repositories, which equals to a group of your code projects.

Your BitBucket project key is LVP and your git repository URL is the one you see when you hit the clone button. 

One of the differences is that the git repository may include additional info (other than your source code) in order to build your code project, locally and on your CI machines. This way you can easily ensure that each commit (phase of your code project) can be build successfully, and ideally on every machine, even if you need to build old versions.   

2 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2022

Hi @Tom Xue ,

welcome to the Atlassian community!

LVP is the project key. A project is a container of repositories so in all repository url, the project key is part of URL.

Fabio

Tom Xue November 3, 2022

Thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events