Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What has changed and why can't I authenticate with SourceTree / BitBucket anymore?

Lee Collings June 5, 2019

Frequently, the connection between SourceTree and BitBucket would drop and I would need to re-authenticate. I Would do this by right-clicking my account name in Remote Repositories, and click 'Edit Account'.

From there I could then click 'Refresh OAuth Token', which would open a browser window and then I would be logged in.

However, now the browser window opens with the message 'Invalid redirect_uri - This integration is misconfigured. Contact the vendor for assistance.' and I can't get past this.

This means I'm unable to do anything to my repositories now. I can log into my BitBucket account perfectly fine in a browser though.

It seems many people are having this issue trying to register their accounts, I'm just trying to re-authenticate so I can continue to use my repos, currently... I cannot do anything.

I desperately need to be able to clone / commit.. any help is greatly appreciated! Amazingly, I reported this as a bug to BitBucket, who then said they will close it because I should ask on the forum... not exactly the response I was hoping for.

Sketch.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 6, 2019

Hello Lee,

There was an issue with Bitbucket and OAuth authentication yesterday which was causing authentication issues. This issue has since been resolved. If you’re wanting to see more information about the event please feel free to review https://bitbucket.status.atlassian.com/.

If you’re still having issues with Authentication, please do let us know.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events