Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does the lock icon mean in Bitbucket Cloud?

cv_dbush July 26, 2018

This seems like a rookie question, but I can't find any info in the forums or the docs when searching for "lock icon".   I also read through the results when I searched for "restrictions".  This should not be hard to find.

Also, how is it controlled?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2018

It means that the repository is private.  When you setup the repository you can check the access level box making it private.  More information can be found here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/create-a-git-repository-759857290.html

cv_dbush July 26, 2018

Thanks for the link, I followed it and a few other related pages and I understand the access control now.  Still no mention of the lock icon as an indicator in any of the docs!

1 vote
jredmond
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 26, 2018

The lock icon on the repo avatar or in the repo list indicates that the repository is private. Only users who've explicitly received access can get to the repo. You can make a repo public in the Settings, but that means that anybody can read or clone your code (even without authenticating, though you'll still be able to control who can write to or administer the repo).

The lock icon in the address bar indicates that you're connecting over HTTPS, as opposed to HTTP. All pages on Bitbucket are exclusively served over HTTPS.

cv_dbush July 26, 2018

Thank you.  Sorry I wasn't specific in my request, I was asking about the lock icon on the repo avatar or in the repo list.

Like Fábio Souza likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events