Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What causes SSL certificate to fail?

Mark Tucker May 11, 2022

We have a project written in C++ and C# and stored in BitBucket. We downloaded a copy to a server (using SourceTree) in Nov last year. We now have an issue with SSL.

The machine runs Windows Server 2012 R2.

If I try to access the repo using SourceTree (Ver 3.3.9), then SourceTree just `hangs', apparently doing nothing, for an undetermined amount of time (I have left it for up to 20 mins). Nothing further happens so I eventually kill the process.

If I open PowerShell and use git (Ver 2.31.1.windows.1) to try to create another clone, then I get the following error

fatal: unable to access `https://bitBucket.org/<path>.git': SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate.

However, if I launch Chrome, navigate to BitBucket.org and log in, then I can download a copy of the code as a zip file.

The fact that I can access the repo using Chrome suggests that all (?) certificates are in place. But something is clearly not correct.  We have a FireWall exemption in place so that any traffic to or from BitBucket.org is not inspected, and we have a certificate in the `local server git certificate store'.

Please could you advise what we are missing in order to use SourceTree and/or the command line version of git?

Thanks in advance,

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events