Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What branch does is the bitbucket-pipelines yaml being loaded from?

mirkop March 20, 2019

What branch is the bitbucket-pipelines.yaml being loaded from? The main branch? Master? From the  branch that it is supposed to build?

I have seen some strange behaviour where the bitbucket-pipelines.yaml has been modified in the main branch, but a scheduled build job has not picked up those changes.

Cheers,

Mirko

1 answer

0 votes
Gnanamadhu March 22, 2019

As stated in the documentation here. If you mention `default`, the pipeline will be triggered on every commit on any branch. If you specifically mentioned the branch names, then it will triggered only on those branches if any changes happen in them.

mirkop March 24, 2019

Hi @Gnanamadhu thanks for your reply. It does not 100% answer my question though. The bitbucket-pipelines.yaml can have different contents based on the branch. So where does the pipeline code come from? From whatever the main branch is?

Like # people like this
Tom Haywood May 6, 2020

For a working example, I have just committed the bitbucket-pipelines.yaml to a feature branch. There are no pipelines listed for the repository, I have also gone into the settings to enable pipelines which seems not to have made any difference.

What is the expected behaviour here? Does the bitbucket-pipelines.yaml file need to be committed to the default branch? Is this the first time only? If so I'd be concerned I can't test my changes before rolling them out to everyone.

Like Kevin Leung likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events