Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webhook not working after an ip change

Arjen Smedes February 11, 2020

Hi,

I have recently (well, we do that all the time) rolled out a new Jenkins server. We have configured webhooks from all repositories to that server (by dns name). Since the last rollout, they all stopped working. 

I see NET_ERR for all of them. Jenkins itself works like a charm, and no firewall rules block access.

What could be wrong? Does bitbucket cache DNS entries for a certain amount of time maybe?

Regards,

Arjen.

1 answer

0 votes
Daniil Penkin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 11, 2020

Hello @Arjen Smedes,

Have you tried posting a webhook manually to the new URL? Do you have any IP whitelisting maybe? Isn't it HTTP/HTTPS problem?

Let me know what you find.

Cheers,
Daniil

Arjen Smedes February 11, 2020

Hi Daniil. Thanks for your reply. Good point, so I tried it manually. That works. Both from my local machine and I also tried it from a random AWS host as well. Works as well. We don't have IP whitelisting in place. It's a HTTPS url, and with any new re-provisioning of the Jenkins server, a new (letsencrypt) certificate is created as well.

Arjen Smedes February 13, 2020

Any more ideas on why this doesn't work from your bitbucket servers? I have a workaroud (re-deployed Jenkins on a different hostname), but that's not a good long-term solution

Daniil Penkin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 14, 2020

Nothing off top of my head, sorry. I suggest you to open a support case with us and point to the repository and webhook in question so that we can trace down what kind of error happens there.

Cheers,
Daniil

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events