Webhook Test not setting X-Hub-Signature

Rob_Decker October 12, 2018

I have a Webhook with a Secret and when I run Test connection the response is 401 and the Request does not include the X-Hub-Signature header. This Webhook was working then started failing and troubleshooting revealed this. If I take one of the failed request and POST it with it's headers (including X-Hub-Signature) it works. It just stopped working from bitbucket. 

2 answers

0 votes
r_abbasi August 9, 2022

@Rob_Decker I invested alot of time on this issue and finally fixed it by using the CEL expression interceptors, as following. 

In this Trigger, we are using the overlays to add the "X-Hub-Signature" to the body of the payload, where expression value i.e., 1234567 doesn't matter it can be anything, we are just adding the HMAC to the body so that we will not get an error. 

Note: By default there is no interceptor for the bitbucket CLOUD

apiVersion: triggers.tekton.dev/v1beta1
kind: Trigger
metadata:
name: energy
spec:
serviceAccountName: pipeline
interceptors:
- ref:
name: "cel"
params:
- name: "filter"
value: "header.match('X-Event-Key', 'repo:push')"
- name: "overlays"
value:
- key: X-Hub-Signature
expression: "1234567"
bindings:
- ref: energy
template:
ref: energy
0 votes
Rob_Decker October 12, 2018

I tried the Test Connection request with GET and it worked outside of bitbucket. The responses from within bitbucket and the outside tool are both from the same server where the request is being made but the bitbucket responses are requesting basic auth with a WWW-Authenticate header.

Henry Weber July 19, 2019

did you ever get this working? I can't even see where to specify the secret for a webhook for repo on Bitbucket Cloud.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events