Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Was there just an update to git in bitbucket cloud?

Q November 20, 2019

Hi! Our build server just started about 200 jobs.

Was there just an update to git in bitbucket cloud?

We trigger builds using tags and have not made any changes to our build server (TeamCity) in a while. 

I also don't have to enter my password anymore, which I used to for every git operation but only for bitbucket git. Thats why I figured there might have been a update. Is there a change log for bitbucket cloud? Couldn't find one.

1 answer

0 votes
Daniil Penkin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 20, 2019

Hello @Q,

Thanks for reaching out.

I'm not aware of any changes on our side that would cause what you described. How are your builds triggered – are they listening to webhooks or polling the repositories?

I also don't have to enter my password anymore

I believe this is something to do with your local machine setup. Git can use credentials manager to temporarily store your credentials and not prompt you on every operation. If you're using SSH key, it can also be added to the SSH daemon so that it doesn't ask the password for it every time.

> Is there a change log for bitbucket cloud?

We have weekly Atlassian cloud changes list, and also the blog where we highlight some features every now and then as well as more information on possible integrations, etc.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Daniil

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events