Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning message (Exceeding limit of bitbucket cloud repository)

이현기 September 8, 2021

Dear Atlassian technical support team,

Please help us to support the issue below.

[Issue]
- Cause : Push high capacity resource files to remote repository.
- Symptom : Warning message is keep prompted in bitbucket website.

[Try]
We are trying to resolve the issue above with the procedure below.
(1) By using filter-branch git command, delete the commit history in our bitbucket remote repository.
(2) In addition, tidy up the commit history related to high capacity resource file with BFG cleaner.

As a result, remote repository is cleaned perfectly and when cloning the repository from local environment, capacity is normal status.
However, when checking the bitbucket website, capacity warning message is keep prompted.

If it is possible, Could you help us to clean gc in our remote repository ?

repository : <repo_name_removed>

If you have any questions, Please send me an email below.

Furthermore, Please give us an instruction after cleaning gc in remote repository.

email : <email_removed>

Thank you.

Best regards,

Trineedle co.

1 answer

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 10, 2021

Hi @이현기,

I can see that a support ticket was created as well for this issue, and the engineer working on your ticket ran a git gc and the repo's size has been reduced.

If a repo's size goes over the size limit, the only thing that can be pushed is a git reset that undoes the last (bad) commit in Bitbucket. The user that will push this, should enable the Labs feature "Delete dangling commits when over size limit" on this page https://bitbucket.org/account/settings/features/ prior to pushing. You can read more details here.

This is useful when the repo's size goes over the limit because of a large commit that was accidentally pushed and you want to undo it.

If large files exist in several other commits and you want to rewrite history to reduce the repo's size, you will need to contact us so we can run a git gc on the Bitbucket repo after you push your changes.

Just a heads up, I removed your email and the repo name from your post to protect your privacy.

If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events