Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wait for SonarQube analysis result in pipeline

Joan Vilariño May 29, 2019

I've integrated SonarQube's sonar scanner to be ran everytime a user makes a commit to the repository.

The pipeline will start the scanner, compile, test & generate report, end the scanner to analyse, but I can't find a way to wait for the scanner results (or get them from the scanner result) to fail the build if the Quality Gate requirements are not good.

I saw that Jenkins has got some "waitForQualityGate()" function in their pipelines. Do you think there is any possibility to implement this in Bitbucket??

I'm not using any Bitbucket plugin... everything is built by hand in the pipeline and I'm hosting the sonar web server in a EC2 machine in AWS

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Aneita
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 25, 2019

Hey @Joan Vilariño

In the absence of a plugin that does this, one way to wait for the result of the quality gate is to poll their system within your pipeline.

For example, you can add a loop to your pipeline after the scan is triggered, which will check whether the scan has completed (or until some timeout is reached). This assumes that SonarQube has an endpoint which you can call within this loop. 

Joan Vilariño June 26, 2019

Yes, that would be the "hard way" that's why I was asking in case BB had something already in place for this ...

Thanks for the comment anyway

pritij March 4, 2020

Hello Joan, 

Did you find a better way to do it?

If you did please share it.

Joan Vilariño March 4, 2020

I had to put this on hold ... but will retake it sooner or later...

pritij March 4, 2020

ok.

1 vote
Maneesh Shaji June 15, 2022

If someone is still looking for answer to this, you can use sonarqube-qualitygate pipe to achieve this. 

https://bitbucket.org/sonarsource/sonarqube-quality-gate/src/master/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events