Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VsCode Bitbucket extension pull request templates?

James Beem January 20, 2021

Hello, my team uses a pull request template to make sure every pull request has the minimum set of information expected by the team. When I attempt to open a pull request via the vs-code Jira and Bitbucket extension the template is not available. Is there a way to have the template show in vscode and if not is there a plan to bring in that functionality? The vs-code extension is extremely convenient but is rendered almost worthless for writing PRs since even copying over the template doesn't work due to lost formatting.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 22, 2021

Hi James,

Welcome to the community and thank you for the feedback.

By pull request template, are you referring to the Default pull request description that can be set from Repository settings > Default description? Or are you using some other extension to create a PR template?

Kind regards,
Theodora

James Beem January 22, 2021

I believe it would be the default description, but just to be sure I'm talking about text that the pull request description starts out with when opened which for us includes things like a heading with some bulletpoints that need filled in.

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 22, 2021

Hi James,

This could be either the default description, but there is also a third-party extension for Chrome and Firefox that offers the same functionality, which is why I'm asking.

There is a feature request to pull the PR default description from the repo settings:

(https://bitbucket.org/atlassianlabs/atlascode/issues is the issue tracker for the VSCode extension)

At the moment this is not possible, as Bitbucket doesn't expose this info via a REST endpoint. So, the feature request is on hold until default descriptions are exposed via API.

If default descriptions are indeed what you are using (you can double check it from the repo settings if you have admin access), you can add yourself as a watcher in that feature request by selecting the Watch this issue link to get notified via email on updates. You can also add your vote there via the Vote for this issue link to indicate you'd be interested in this.

Kind regards,
Theodora

James Beem January 22, 2021

I'll ask someone with admin access which it is that we are using, I assume it is the default description and will follow that PR and vote for it. Thanks!

0 votes
sjd dote January 22, 2021

Pull the request tree from Bitbucket. Click the Atlassian logo on the leftmost navigation bar. Click the BITBUCKET PULL REQUESTS heading on the Atlassian status bar. Click + to open a new Create Pull Request form. Fill in or update any fields on the "Create Request Request" form.

Hope it's going to help you much! :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events