Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VS 2022 - Failed to push\ fetch or pull from and to the remote repository.

khadeeja alrashdi March 17, 2022

my issue with VS 2022 and bitbucket is every time when I try to push or fetch changes, the app asks for Atlassian login while when I try to access it from the web the page auto routed to my company SSO.

so how can I know Atlassian password ..

error message: Failed to push to the remote repository. See the Output window for more details. 

Failed to push to the remote repository. See the Output window for more details.
Pushing nmcgi-nphies2
Error encountered while pushing to the remote repository: Git failed with a fatal error.
Git failed with a fatal error.
helper error (-1): Value cannot be null.
Logon failed, use ctrl+c to cancel basic credential prompt.
cannot spawn /microsoft visual studio/2022/community/common7/ide/commonextensions/microsoft/teamfoundation/team explorer/Git/mingw32/libexec/git-core/git-askpass.exe: No such file or directory
could not read Password for "account xxx "

issue.png

1 answer

0 votes
Syahrul
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 20, 2022

Hi @khadeeja alrashdi 

G'Day!

If you are logging in through SSO I'd suggest you create an App Password which will act as your temporary password for your authentication.

Let me know if that helps.

Cheers,
Syahrul

sriprasanna.mg June 7, 2022

With VS 2022 the bitbucket plugin (datacenter) does not work and there is no maintainer for it .

and... there is no answer from ATLASSIAN for getting such VS integration features as supported by Github's VS plugin. Please see here: GitHub Extension for Visual Studio - Visual Studio Marketplace

I think this is a really bad situation for teams using Visual Studio for development.

I created an issue here to bring attention / upvote

[BSERV-13342] Bitbucket datacenter extension for Visual Studio - Create and track feature requests for Atlassian products.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events