Using elasticsearch docker image as service, requires periods in environment variable names

Hi,

I'm trying to run elasticsearch docker image as a service alongside my pipelines CI, however some of the configuration options we would like to specify as environment vars for elasticsearch have periods in the name eg. discovery.type, and pipelines does not seem to allow variable names with a period in them.
I'm wondering what options there are to work around this, is it possible to bind the es config file to one in our repository, or some other way to get such named options through? Or would creating a custom docker image with our desired config be the only way to do this for now?

Thanks,

Lyndon

3 answers

Hello @Lyndon Howie did you managed to do this? I need same thing :D

Hey,

Sorry for the extra late reply, the email notification went to my junk mail and I just saw it!

I had to build a custom docker image with the variables i needed based on the public ES docker image. I see you've done something similar below.

Cheers

@Andrii Soldatenko I managed to but I had to build a custom docker image with my variables in the docker compose, like discovery.type

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/47286989/possible-solution-for-bitbucket-pipeline-docker-run-limitation/47304667#47304667

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Piotr Plewa
Published Dec 27, 2017 in Bitbucket

Recipe: Deploying AWS Lambda functions with Bitbucket Pipelines

Bitbucket Pipelines helps me manage and automate a number of serverless deployments to AWS Lambda and this is how I do it. I'm building Node.js Lambda functions using node-lambda&nbsp...

682 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot