Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using bitbucket pipelines pipes with arrays and loops

Kelly September 7, 2022

Im looking at creating a pipes repo which can call other repositories and deploy to specific environments of which we have many (multiple dev and test environments).

The intention of this is to have a single repo where a user can select an envionrment, and it would then go deploy the master branch of all repositories in its list to that environment.

Ive like to avoid having too much duplication of code and ideally be able to just iterate over a list of either the environments, or the repositories.

Is there any documentation on examples someone can point me to if this is even possible?

thanks

2 answers

0 votes
NathanielG August 15, 2023

Loops are certainly possible in bitbucket-pipelines.yml, though I don't think you can call a pipe from within, which is what I am looking for...

script:
- VERSIONS=`\ls versions`
- >
  for v in $VERSIONS; do
    if [ "$BITBUCKET_BRANCH" == "release" ]; then
      version=$v ;
    else
      version="${BITBUCKET_BRANCH}-$v" ;
    fi

- echo $version # Do what you need to here ;

done

0 votes
Ben
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 14, 2022

Hey Kelly,

Figured I would jump in as I have noticed that no one has yet replied.

Arrays/loops are not supported in Bitbucket Cloud Pipelines YML config, to use arrays/loops you would need to execute a bash script for this. We cannot provide specific assistance with scripting as this falls outside of our support scope.

Cheers!

- Ben (Bitbucket Cloud Support)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events