Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a team password is not allowed

Paul Lancashire June 2, 2017

Our Continuous Integration server is using a Team account to pull from Bitbucket repositories owned by the Team, but this has recently stopped working with the "Repositories on team accounts can only be accessed through a team member. Using a team password is not allowed." error.

We don't want to use our individual account details on the CI server and we can't use SSH with an SSH key due to network configuration. What is the recommended way to do this over HTTPS?

We can still log in to the Team account using its username/password.

If the best way is to create a User account for our team's CI server to use, how can I set it up given that the Team account currently seems to still have our team email address associated to it?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 2, 2017

Hi Paul! 

Team administration changed and now team members use their individual Bitbucket accounts to access the team. Team logins have been disabled. This was announced at Team account changes

If you can still log in to the Team account using its username/password, we'll need to fix it as this is not supposed to be happening anymore.

If you don't want to use one of your individual accounts for the CI Server, you can create a new Bitbucket account for this purpose. You can let me know the name of your team here, so I can free the email address for you to use it in a different account. Alternatively, if you don't want to display it publicly you can submit a support ticket. If you choose the second option, please let us know here s owe're aware this is being taken care of :)

Cheers,

Ana

Paul Lancashire June 2, 2017

Hi Ana,

I've submitted a ticket in case it requires some ongoing discussion to get our team account sorted.

Thanks

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 2, 2017

Thanks for letting us know, Paul. The Support team is already aware of that and will contact you. 

Have a nice evening!

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events