Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Users cannot receive BitBucket invites...

Patrick Allen February 16, 2022

We have a number of users at our organization that need access to our BitBucket but have not been able to receive invites despite multiple attempts to send the invite to their email.  This is preventing them from accessing the required resources Ina se use manner (attached to their work user accounts) and being able to do their work.

We did some digging and it seems they might be on some sort of "suppression list" from Atlassian where ONLY Atlassian admins can remove them from the list.  I have not been able to reliably figure out how to contact Atlassian for the required support on this issue and to have an admin check for us about this issue.

We receive a notification that the email was sent to the user successfully but they say each time, they do not receive it.  And then our only options are to resend the email invite or cancel it.  This doesn't work as subsequent retries also fail and canceling and then trying again isn't any better.

1 answer

0 votes
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 17, 2022

Hi, Patrick, welcome to the community! 

This has been a common issue, so we have created an article explaining How to get support for Bitbucket Cloud invitation and notification issues

I looked for pending invites in your workspace, but I couldn’t find anything. In this case, I would suggest that you create an internal ticket with our support by following the steps described in the article above and share the emails of the users who are not receiving the invitations. This way, we can confirm if they are on a suppression list and solve this issue. 

Please feel free to share any additional questions or concerns regarding this case.

Kind regards,
Caroline

Patrick Allen February 17, 2022

Wouldn't this mean that we would need to create a support ticket for EVERY user individually who is experiencing this issue?

Also, to submit a report requires giving their BitBucket workspace ID.  They obviously don't have one yet as they cannot even access BitBucket to begin with.  That's the main issue here.

Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 21, 2022

Hi, Patrik. 

You can create one ticket with the list of users who haven’t received the invitation yet, no need to create a ticket for every user individually. 

About your second question related to the workspace ID, you have 2 options:

• Usually, the person who invited the user creates the ticket to report this issue, so they are able to inform the workspace ID that they used to send the invitation; 

• However, if the user who is not receiving the email creates the ticket, they will need to log in to their Atlassian account. In case they don’t have an Atlassian account yet, they can select the option "Sign up for your account". And, if they were not able to create a Bitbucket account yet, they can inform any workspace ID (i.e., bitbucket.org/workspaceid) and then select "Yes" under the "Are you having an issue with Bitbucket workspace invitations?" option. 

I hope this clarifies the situation, but please let me know if you face any other obstacles. 

Kind regards,
Caroline

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events