Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Username already exists

Charlie Chau January 3, 2021

Hi,

I used to have an account with this username, charshin, in an organization, I have left the organization and believed my account has been deleted. I am trying to reuse that username but to no avail. Can you please do a check on it?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 4, 2021

Hi @Charlie Chau  and welcome to the community!

The legacy sign-in form can be used only if a Bitbucket account has not been migrated to an Atlassian account yet, so it won't be useful here.

This account is a managed account, the domain of the account's email has been claimed by the company, and as such it is considered to be owned by the company.

My suggestion would be to contact them and ask for your account to be deleted, so that you can reuse the username.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Charlie Chau January 5, 2021

Hi Theodora,

Thanks for you answer, I already contacted my ex-company, they said my account had been deleted. I don't know why my username is not released. Can you help check? Also, is it possible for your team to release it? I can provide proof of my ownership of that username if needed. Thanks.

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 5, 2021

Hi @Charlie Chau ,

I believe that what most likely happened is that the account's access was removed from the company workspace, as the account is not deleted, it still exists.

We may be able to release it if we get permission from one of the Org admins. What I can do is open a support ticket for you in this issue. We can then CC one of the Org Admins in this support ticket and request permission to delete this account, or let them know how they can delete this account from their side. (The support ticket will be viewable only to you, Atlassian staff and any Org admin we CC there)

Would it be ok to proceed with this plan?

Kind regards,
Theodora

Charlie Chau January 5, 2021

Lovely, thanks a lot for your prompt support, really appreciate, ya pls proceed. Awesome!

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
January 6, 2021

Hi @Charlie Chau ,

You are very welcome!

I went ahead and opened a support ticket for you. You should have received an email with the link for the support ticket (to the email you use for your Community account).

Please let me know if you haven't received anything, I can post the link here also (the content won't be visible to anyone else anyway, even if they have the link). Initial response time is 2 business days.

There is no address or timezone info for your account. This is necessary for the support ticket, as we provide 9/5 regional support based on timezone.

I set a random timezone in the ticket, you should be able to see it in the support ticket at the bottom. If this is incorrect, please leave a comment in the ticket to inform the engineers of the correct one. They can then change it so you can receive support closest to your timezone.

I also left an internal note where I explain in more detail the issue and what we have discussed here.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions or need anything further!

Kind regards,
Theodora

Like DPKJ likes this
Charlie Chau January 7, 2021

Thanks again Theodora for your good support. I have well received the email :)

0 votes
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2021

@Charlie Chau Welcome to the community

I think you account is still there, you can check by visiting this url - https://bitbucket.org/charshin/

Charlie Chau January 4, 2021

Is there a way to login using username? I tried this link https://bitbucket.org/account/legacy-signin/ but it always redirects me to latest login page using email. Reason is I might remember the password, but I don't have access to the associated email for that account anymore, which is my company email.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events