Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User initiated Bitbucket Deployment based on a tag

Steve Calvert June 25, 2021

Bitbucket cloud allows be to manually run a deployment, but the dialog that is presented only allows me to choose the branch to deploy.  

It seems an obvious omission not to present an option to deploy based on a specific tag.  Is there a way to do this?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 28, 2021

Hi Steve,

I assume that you are referring to the "Run pipeline" option that is available on the Pipelines page of a repo?

This option indeed only allows you to run a pipeline manually on a branch only.

If you'd like to manually run a pipeline on a tag, you can:

1. Go to the Commits page of the repo
  2. Search for the tag and then open the commit with this tag
  3. On the commit page, you'll see the option "Run pipeline" in the right-hand column
  4. If you select that, you'll see a dialog with all pipelines available in this repo and select which one you want to run for the commit with this tag

We have a feature request to add the ability to select a tag in the "Run pipeline" option of the Pipelines page of a repo:

If this is what you're looking for, I would suggest that you add your vote there (by selecting the Vote for this issue link) as the number of votes helps the development team and product managers better understand the demand for new features. You are more than welcome to leave any feedback, and you can also add yourself as a watcher (by selecting the Start watching this issue link) if you'd like to get notified via email on updates.

Implementation of new features is done as per our policy here and any updates will be posted in the feature request.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events