Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User does not appear on user picker in bitbucket

Ken Brough January 30, 2019

I've been collaborating with someone in one of my repos for a while. A few months back, he created an Atlassian account, logged into BB, and I was able to grant him permission in the repo settings page. As I started typing his name in the user picker - his ID appeared, no problem.

Yesterday I added another repo to the project and tried to grant him access from the repo settings as before, but his ID does not appear in the user picker at all. He has logged in and verified he can still access the older repos, and I see him in the access lists for those as well.

It had been a few weeks since he last logged in, so I wondered, if the user picker only lists recent users, and his recent session hasn't propagated thru the system yet?

Does anyone have any info on this, or how he can get himself back on the visible user list?

We are using the free plan, he shows as active on that, and we are not exceeding the user limit of 5.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 31, 2019

Hi Ken,

I've tried reproducing this and I encountered the same issue when trying to add some of my friends to my repositories. I know they have a Bitbucket account but they won't show up when I start typing their email address or username. However, I noticed that if you type the whole username and then press enter, they'll be added. This is just a workaround, as the names should be appearing in the list.

I've gone ahead and reported this bug, you can find it at Issues #18079. Feel free to watch it for further updates.

Hope that helps :) 

Ana

Ken Brough January 31, 2019

Thanks Ana, that did the trick.

Ken

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events